
Blog entry #7
Long have I thought about our jobs as teachers.
I used to believe that we didn't really become teachers until we finished our majors and received the document that endorses us as such. That makes sense when you think about that Mexican phrase that says "papel habla".
On Friday 3rd, I gave a Third Conditional class as part of my professional practices and received feedback after. My tutor liked the way I presented the topic and her students seemed to have a good impression after my presentation performance. On Saturday, March, 28th, I finished my course at my job and my student told me that I do a good job and he likes the classes I give. That makes me feel joy because of the fact that others reckoning your work is hardly comparable to other feelings.
So...
Now I believe the opposite. I'm sure that one becomes a teacher, regardless of the subject, at the moment he/she starts to plan classes and give them ;)
Hey, Richie. I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed your job experience so far. As the old adage says, "practice makes perfect", so I definitely agree with you. You become a teacher TEACHING in a classroom, of course academic preparation is always important, but I believe that experience gives you a broader perspective of what actually being an educator is and no college can prepare you for that.
ReplyDelete