Friday, January 31, 2020

About me!

Hello there!

This is Ricardo. Call me "Richie"! I'm in my late 20's (29) and currently studying the English Teaching Major at FES-Acatlán.

A former Applied Maths student at the same place, I decided to move to study the thing that, I think, I do best. It was not an easy choice to make, taking 5 months of my life. It seemed like I was making a jump of faith but I was determined to embrace it: a complete ringing of changes. Little did I know that an exam (ESDI) was necessary to complete the requirements needed to enroll to the major, it was a nice surprise to see that I succeeded only with my first attempt, especially because I went to that exam with no other backup than my prior knowledge. On second thought, it's not that impressive due to the fact that I used to help most of my friends from the major with their English homework and exam guides by means of making step by step explanations, drawings and even using the boards from the classrooms. Therefore, I practiced a lot without knowing it. 

Its been three years since then and my passage through the major has not been free from obstacles. A few weeks ago an incident related to the 7th-semester English subject took place. It has inspired some fear to me because it has made me reconsider my true English mastery but I have decided that that will not keep me down. 


I'll give my best, as always. I'll try to be helpful and I hope to be welcome among my new partners. 



I like heavy metal music: Metallica is my favorite band

I like sports: basketball and soccer.

I like watching movies: my favorites are the Star Wars saga.

I listen to others and I like to help my friends as much as I can. I have the strong belief that helping others is the best way to help yourself.


Having recently given particular lessons to children and elders for a few months (6), I possess little experience in English teaching. I'm looking forward to gaining more of it by means of working on weekends and using everything I learn from this course. I think of the course as the only way and the only chance to prepare for what will come to my future working life.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Richie,this is YOUR thing! I'm certain that you made the best decision, can't wait to see you in action! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting background story. I look forward to see what you are capable to do as an English Teacher, I'm pretty sure you are very creative and talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey , I also passed the ESDI in my first try . Similar circumstances, I used to help my classmates with our English assignments hahaha. Also, to my mind, you have abilities that if you enhance will help you with your future teaching experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that teaching comes naturally to you, We all face some difficulties along the road so don't get discouraged. Working hard always pays off at the end.

    ReplyDelete