If you are here, it is likely you are taking at least one online course. Tell me, do you think you're learning something from it? Do you find it useful? Or, is it the opposite? Do you spend the whole day reading PDF documents leading nowhere? Well ... I hope you're doing fine.
But...
What about you? Yeah, you, teacher? Do you try to encourage your students to actually learn something?
But...
What about you? Yeah, you, teacher? Do you try to encourage your students to actually learn something?
Well ... perhaps you are. Maybe you are in need to improve your "e-teaching technique" (yeah, I came up with that name)
If you want to get better, then you arrived at the correct post.
The criteria here is my own but there's a chance you find useful at least one of the following ideas:
- Find ways to actively get in continuous touch with your students without compromising your personal data (yeah, no WhatsApp) Edmodo is a good choice, by the way.
- Take advantage of the 4 language skills: Encourage your ss to use at least 3 of them ;)
- Combine individual homework with collaborative homework: this will keep students in an active mood throughout the online course ;)
- Do not overwhelm your ss with PDF files to read: it is likely they'll simply won't do it.
- Make an effort to answer every student's doubt: this will ensure your students will not quit the course.
These are some ideas I came up with on my short experience as an e-teacher. (I really like how that sounds)
Can you think of more ideas?
Can you think of more ideas?

Hi Richie, thanks for sharing your ideas for improve our e-teaching techniques (yeah, I'm going to use this term you invented, don't worry I would give you credit by using APA style ;) jajajaja). Though I don't agree with some of them (due to personal belief and personal way of teaching), I find it very useful. Thanks for doing this. I will keep those techniques in mind, and in the opportunity I have I will applied them :)
ReplyDeleteGreat Tips!
ReplyDelete